Sunday, July 12, 2015

Tumbling Along

Thanks to Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville,  I've been once again bitten by tumblers. They've always been a fun block to make, and one of my favorites. 

As I showed in a previous post, I cut out 1600 small tumblers. I know, I know this is a leader and ender project, but I had a ton of piecing to do on another quilt top.  That top required a lot of pressing, so between each piece I sewed for the other quilt top, I sewed a "leader and ender" of a tumbler.

After 5 hours of working last night on the other quilt top, I kind of managed to sew over 2/3 of the cut tumblers.

And just to see what a row of beautiful scrappy tumblers would look like, I made a row.  Ok. Ok. 4 rows.. of 40 tumblers in each row.

Look who's peeking out to say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment