Monday, July 13, 2015

Those Flirty 30's

While cleaning out one of my bins of fabric three days ago, I found a huge baggie marked 300+ charm squares.  All of them were 30's prints, mainly Aunt Grace, but there are some that I can't place.

Quilters Confession:
I have *no* idea where I got these charm squares.  I honestly don't remember ever purchasing them.

I'm not one for 30's prints really, but these are kind of cute and are really growing on me.

Fast Forward:
Staring at the bag, I just felt the absolute need to create something.  Since we're going to visit my Father in Law and Stepmother in Law in 2 weeks, I figured I'd make a gift for them.

A Pinterest minute later, I found the pattern.

Two hours later, I had a quilt top.
Another hour and I had the pieced backing. By then it was 4:30 in the morning so I went to bed for 2 hours.

Then, I quilted it up. All that's left is to bind. I'll do that tomorrow night while watching some Netflix.

Oh.. those tumblers are truly addictive.  Used my MSQC charm tumbler template and cut around 108 of them for the backing. Just pieced them together randomly, grabbed two and just stitched them up.

Quilters Confession #2:
I still have a ton of 30's prints left. Barely made a dent in that baggie.


No comments:

Post a Comment