Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Row Robin Journey Begins.

This is my Row Robin in the group Coastal Quilters. There are 5 of us in the group, each of us has to make one row, 12.5" by 60.5" - can be done as one strip or 5 blocks, up to the individual working on it.

I included a picture of the journal that I sent along. In the journal I told why the anchor fabric was so important to me, and why I chose the fabrics I did.

Then I wanted to do something clever with the labels, but I wasn't really sure what to do. After I thought for a while I decided on doing a suitcase to represent all the traveling the quilt top will do. It'll be going all across the USA on its journey. So I left them all blank and asked the participant to pick the suitcase they like best and to sign it with their name, screen name and state. It's up to them if they'd like to include their town or not. I'll use the label that no one picks.













It's now on its way to bookworm in California.

1 comment:

  1. Great fabric combinations - I really like the suitcase idea for labels.

    ReplyDelete