Sunday, July 5, 2015

Mini Tumbler Explosion

About a week ago, Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville put forth this year's scrappy leader and enders project of Tumblers.  I absolutely love tumblers, and just knew right away that this would be an awesome project for me.

So I got my 2 1/2 inch tumbler template out (I purchased it from MSQC), grabbed a plastic shoebox of 2 1/2 inch strip scraps and went to town cutting.

After a full day of cutting from that ONE box, I have 1600 small tumblers cut out.  Yes, you read that right,  one thousand six hundred tumblers.

The worst part? I barely dented that one box of scraps.  Barely. Dented.  I have 12 more plastic shoe boxes full of scraps, and a big garbage bag of them.

So I just had to order the larger 5 inch template from Missouri Star Quilt Company.   Maybe that will put a dent into more scraps. Maybe. Just maybe.

Without further ado, here's what 1600 miniature tumblers look like sorted into "light" and "darks".  If anyone is interested I got these bins in a 3 pack at Lowe's for about $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment