Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cheerful Garden, a Lap Quilt

It's still un-named, and unbound - but it'll be getting bound in a dark pink. If anyone has some name suggestions I'm open for a name. I'm leaning towards Cheerful Garden for the name, but I'm not sure.

My mom went to AC Moore for something for Christmas and called me and said, "They have fabric, I picked you up something round." I had no idea, but it was a Fabric Expressions jelly roll. Since Mom doesn't quilt or like working with fabric this was so impressive. (and the Jelly Roll was the 'round' thing)

I decided to whip up a lap quilt with it. I'm so happy with how it came out! My DD picked out the backing fabric - it's actually leftover seersucker from when I made her a dress. The quilt is 40"x40" and I didn't have a pattern, I just made it up as I went along.

I had a few issues with the FMQ - the thread kept breaking, but it might have just been the June Taylor basting spray. I think where the thread broke it was on too thick. I did spray it thick in a couple spots.

It was FMQ'd on my Singer Confidence. I'm not the biggest fan of the machine, but I'm starting to like it more, especially for FMQ. Please ignore some of my boo-boos, I'm not the worlds greatest at FMQ.

Best view of the quilt: It's 40x40


FMQ Close Up #1


FMQ Close Up #2


FMQ Close Up #3


Best shot I got of the backing:

No comments:

Post a Comment