Monday, August 8, 2011

My DD (2) Generous Heart

I think I'm raising her right!

DH got sent to Boston for a little over a week. He decided to bring me and our 2 year old DD. On the drive up we stopped in a McDonalds to eat something. DD was hungry and I got a happy meal for her too since I don't eat McDonalds. Both of the Happy Meals had the same toy inside.

Three days later DH was working, and DD and I were in the only "restaurant" somewhat near the hotel - another McDonalds. I ordered her another Happy Meal and I had a water. There was a small girl, maybe 3 or 4 in tears, with her mom in tears too. A man was sitting with them. As we passed by, DD asks me, "Why she sad?" I didn't know.

We sat down, DD opened up her Happy Meal and saw she had another of the same dolls. She looked at me and said, "I have three, I go stop the girl from crying?" And before I knew it, DD was out of her chair, and over to the little girl with the new Happy Meal toy and gave it to her and said, "This for you so you not cry anymore." then DD gave her a big hug and came back to her lunch.

She looked at me, gave me the biggest smile ever and said, "The little girl's not sad anymore Mommy."

I just wanted to share. I'm so proud of my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment