Star Light, Star Bright, a swap quilt top is finished tonight.
I did a swap in 2010 for bright stars on black Kona solids. Each block measured 8.5" before sewn into the quilt top. The theme was brights, and I just LOVE how this quilt top turned out. I had the lime green and bright orange in my stash, and it wasn't big enough for my liking after I added the borders/sashing, whatever you want to call it. So then I searched a bit longer and found the white.
Because each of the blocks are so bright, I wanted to add a bright border around each block and I grabbed the bright green and bright orange. Then, it was still a bit small for me, so I took some white on white fabric, and added a 6.5" (unfinished) border.
For the backing, I'm cutting the remaining green fabric and some more of the WOW. Each of the girls who did the blocks made a small siggie block. The siggies are going to be framed in white, then with the remaining orange fabric around. I'm still working on the label.
I'm going to be stippling the quilt probably in bright orange or lime green. DH thinks white.