Monday, May 23, 2011

Boom 5 - Sent and Received!

I got 2 blocks completed for the Boomerang swap last night.
This one is for Cherrio:
She sent the black and white fabric, and asked for either pink, black, white or gray fabrics to be added. I had this awesome pink that has sparkles in it.


This one is for CarolHupp:
She sent the green background fabric. The first thing that I thought of when I pulled her fabric out of the envelope was that I had the perfect yellow to go with it. I wanted a simple block, so I went with a favorite standby: Shoo Fly.


This is my journal for the Boomerang swap. I'm keeping a record of blocks that I send out and ones that I receive. I'm planning on keeping it with the quilt when it's folded up and not on our bed.


This block is from VaNella. She included a small note that the fabric I sent reminded her of her favorite shirt she wore in the 70's. Never thought of it that way, but I guess it does. :D


This one is from paintmejudy. Love the shades of brown that she used. This is going to be one heck of an awesome fall/autumn quilt.


This is from Moonrise. I love it - awesome work. I really think she showed off the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment