Sunday, January 23, 2011

More Swap Blocks

Last night I made 4 more blocks for the Boomerang Besties.

Here they are:
For DonnaDrum:
She sent the dark black fabric with the flowers. I wanted to use lighter colors to pull the colors in the flowers out. I'm happy with how it turned out, hope she likes it!



For Navarre2011:

She sent the grey/blue/white fabric, and just like ChiggerHollerQuilter's block, I wanted to showcase as much of it as I could. So I used Quilters Cache block "Square Upon Square". I used a mottled/speckled grey for the corners. I'm really loving this block.



For ChiggerHollerQuilter:
She sent the gorgeous bird fabric, and I didn't know how to showcase it, so I used the Quilters Cache block "Square upon Square" and fussy cut the birds. I'm thrilled with how it turned out. Hope she likes it.



For Bookworm:
She sent the flame fabric. I added the Alexander Henry skull fabric.




And of course, who am I to turn down another swap? I needed to join another one.. cos yea.. but it's a FUNKY CHICKEN swap!! Last night we ordered Chinese food for dinner, and I was inspired for my first chicken.

Here is Kung Pow Chicken:
I still have to applique him / her? down to the backing, but I love this one. So much so, I made an extra for me to keep.


And here is "Dot's Mi Chick":

No comments:

Post a Comment