Thursday, August 15, 2013

Trying Something New for Dinner

The dear hubby has gotten tired of "same old, same old chicken". I took to Pinterest and found a recipe that sounded awesome.

It's Hawaiian Chicken in a Crock Pot.  In the summer I refuse to turn the oven on since it heats up the house too much.  Actually, from about April to October I don't use the oven at all, just stove top, crockpot or grill.  It works for us.

So here's my Hawaiian Chicken all just in the pot and beginning to cook.   After I had made the exact recipe, my husband told me that we were having company, so I doubled the recipe.


I served it over Basmati rice, and with a side of organic broccoli. 

Overall, it was great.  It was a bit watery, but I had a small helper and may have, perhaps, just maybe, entrusted that helper to pour the pineapple juice in. (Whoops)   But, the extra liquid was awesome poured over the rice, and I had enough left to marinate the chicken breasts I had leftover!  So good grillin' tonight. :)

If you'd like, you can follow me on Pinterest.  I pin a lot of different quilt related things, food (Health Conscious as well as calorie laden deliciousness), cross stitch goodies and fun things to do with kids and fun school things.


No comments:

Post a Comment