Sunday, March 6, 2011

Other New WIPS and a new quilt journal

Forgot to post these!

I got a nice cheap journal at Barnes and Noble for under $4! This is my new quilt journal. So now instead of me keeping records of all my quilts on looseleaf paper, I'll have a journal to put them in! So excited, and the price couldn't be beat!



My weekend warrior projects - not quite finished, so they're my WIPS.



So far, this is part of a table runner. I only used 2 FQ's for this, and I still have 2 more FQ's to use. Each of the tumbler blocks is 3" tall, made from my own drawing. I have to finish sewing the other cut tumbler blocks and sew the two halves together then quilt and bind. It's a little over 21" at the widest point, and when it's done it'll be about 60" long.


Playing with my scrap bag! I emptied out my strips that were cut at 1.5" and started piecing this! No idea what it's going to be, but when it's done I'll have used up at least 3 of the plastic shoe tub sizes of scraps. Any ideas on what I should make with it?


And... for a swap that I'm hosting on Quilt With Us - the Four Elements. I don't know if I'm going to stick with this one or do something different... one of my all time favorite patterns - the Dresden Plate. It'll be hand appliqued to a background, probably a dark green, and the center circle will also be a dark green. Whatever the background color I choose, the center circle will match. I took the picture on one of those 3D foam boards that is white on one side and black on the other. I kind of like the black though.. hmmmm decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment